Yale Cancer Center delivers the highest quality patient-centered care, achieves breakthrough discoveries, and trains the future leaders in cancer science and medicine.
- Celebrating 41 years as Connecticut’s only comprehensive cancer center by the National Cancer Institute
- 358 cancer researchers on faculty
- #7 in National Institutes of Health funding (YSM)
- #19 in National Cancer Institute funding
- $102.6 million in cancer research funding
- $31 million in funding from the National Cancer Institute
- 99 National Cancer Institute funded projects
- 14 members of the National Academy of Sciences
- 12 members of the Institute of Medicine
- 10 Howard Hughes Medical Investigators
- 3434 cancer research publications (cumulative 2012-October 2015)
Smilow Cancer Hospital
- The only comprehensive cancer facility in the Northeast, bringing together both inpatient and outpatient care in one hospital.
- Connecticut’s largest provider of cancer care – treating over 25% of the 20,000 patients diagnosed annually in the state
- 13 multidisciplinary cancer programs
- 168 inpatient beds, 12 operating rooms, 100 infusion chairs
- 350-400 oncology nurses on staff
- over 190 clinical trials providing the most advanced cancer therapies
- Specialty services – survivorship care, social work, prevention education, tobacco treatment, integrative medicine, oncodermatology service, cardiotoxicity service, support groups, cancer boutique, and exercise & nutrition support, and such complementary services as therapeutic massage, relaxation imagery, Reiki touch, yoga, pet visitation, and art expression.
- Cancer Care Centers throughout Connecticut in Waterbury, Derby, Old Saybrook, Orange, North Haven, Torrington, Guilford, Fairfield, Waterford, and Trumbull, and locations at Greenwich Hospital and Saint Francis Hospital in Hartford.